My thoughts, as I learn and unlearn things while trying to make sense of this mad and bad world.

Saturday 18 April, 2009

My Manipal Days ... Aankhon mein hazaaron sapne !

2330 hours.




Today I spent close to three hours reminiscing about my long-gone engineering days.

The beautiful college campus that we loved loitering around in, the college canteen that made the most delicious chicken momos , the electronics lab that gave us sleepless nights, the library where some of us tried to study, the courts where more people played the guitar than badminton , the boys hostel where the sun would never set, the football field where many games were won and lost, the little telephone booth in the garden where many love stories blossomed, the watering hole called Thapa's where we would get drunk, the seventh floor boys hostel terrace where people smoked half the cigarettes manufactured in India, the beautiful little temple that is one of the most peaceful places I have ever been to, the Teesta riverbed that was one of my favorite places for an evening walk ...

When I look back at the days spent at Manipal, I cannot help but feel exhilarated and depressed at the same time. The explanation for the smile is pretty obvious, I had one hell of an amazing time and I am thankful to God for the truly exhilarating experience. However, I cannot help feeling depressed because I don't know if I will ever be able to re-live those four years again. Before leaving for engineering school, I never thought that life there would be so awesome! But it was, and that thought helps me paint an even brighter picture of tomorrow on my mental canvas.

They say that the best things in life are unexpected. Amen !

7 comments:

Unknown said...

dost...space kam padega for the feelings we share of our college..those years were awesome...nothing can replace it..well written...good one..

Unknown said...

yaar..kam space hai for all those feelings..all those years..u did a helluva good job penning these thots..loved it..

arnavsinha83 said...

pata nahi aaj kis mood mein hoon. MIR ke gaane 10-12 baar sun chuka hoon aaj, puraane SMIT videos dekha, and old pics dekhe.

We really should plan a college trip sometime !

Sam said...

Those 4 years, despite the ups n downs, will remain the best years of our lives. I mean, even the thought of going back to Sikkim had lifted my spirits last year. Though, I was there for probably a 2 days, did revisit all those places you mention. Nostalgia man!!! Pigged out on some real momo after long!!
waise, isi mood ke chalte tu SMIT ke pics mein bhatak raha tha kya?

arnavsinha83 said...

Haan yaar ... was suffering from a massive Manipal hangover !

Sam said...

dude, check this out, wrote it a couple of years back. you might like it: Those were the best days of my life

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Labels